By joining the coalition, you will join a platform of leaders from across the world working in research, service provision, treatment access, youth development and advocacy focused on calling attention to gaps and proposing solutions that improve the quality of life of adolescents living with HIV. The ATC platform enhances collaboration and activities among stakeholders within the HIV response in order to ensure coordinated efforts to end AIDS among adolescents living with HIV.
How to join?
The Adolescent HIV Treatment Coalition has two different membership opportunities.
These are individuals/organizations/institution/network with a demonstrated record of accomplishment of leadership in addressing adolescent HIV/AIDS issues. Core members commit to participating actively in coalition building and programmatic advocacy work.
- An individual/organization/institution/network with keen interest and experience in addressing adolescent HIV/AIDS issues;
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in addressing adolescent HIV/AIDS issues;
- Availability to commit (~two hours weekly) to actively participate in ATC activities, including ATC and working group conference calls, in-person meetings, content development, and member surveys.
- * Young advocates living with HIV are encouraged to join.
- To join us as a core member, please submit the following documents to ATC Coordinator Carlo Oliveras at email@example.com by November 27, 2017.
- Letter of intent, explaining your background and interest in joining the ATC core membership (two pages maximum)
- Institutional/organizational endorsement of the LOI, signed by supervisor or Executive Director
- Enabling membership
- Enabling members are individuals/organizations that are interested in supporting and disseminating the work of the ATC. Enabler members play a key role in leveraging action for the collective, and receive information about activities and/or opportunities in the adolescent HIV movement and support the work of the core members of the ATC.
- An individual/organization with interest in adolescent HIV/AIDS issues
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in addressing adolescent HIV/AIDS issues
- * Young advocates living with HIV are encouraged to join
To join us as an enabler member, please send a letter of intent *max 1 page with your contact details to ATC Coordinator Carlo Oliveras at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 27, 2017.
All membership applications will be reviewed by the ATC Steering Committee. Applicants will be informed of the review outcome by December 2017. Please send any questions or comments to ATC Coordinator Carlo Oliveras.
About the Adolescent HIV Treatment Coalition:
The Adolescent HIV Treatment Coalition is a diverse community united in advocacy to make quality treatment and care available to all adolescents living with HIV. We are a collective voice promoting accountability in the HIV response that reflects the realities of adolescent lives.
Our advocacy work centres around four streams of work:
- Meaningful engagement of adolescents and young people living with HIV
- Differentiated service delivery
- Advocacy for treatment optimization
- Use of Strategic information and data
- For more information about this call for members email coalition coordinator Carlo Oliveras at email@example.com
- The call for members will close Monday, November 27, 2017